Photo contest winners recognized
Click here for the list of the 2012 photo contest award recipients.
Fall pie contest winners announced
The best area bakers competed at The Burchfield Nature & Art Center Saturday, Oct. 6, when they shared their homemade pies in an annual contest. Diane Wright took first prize for her blueberry pie; Deborah Asfour won second place with a very berry; and Paul Shemkovitz took third place for his pineapple pie.
Thanks to all who entered, as well as judges Jan Dalbo, Ray Weimer and Joe Lorigo! The judges are pictured with the pie contest winners below. From left to right are Jan Dalbo, Ray Weimer, Joe Lorigo, Diane Wright, Deborah Asfour and Paul Shemkovitz.
Burchfield Nature & Art Center announces ‘In Bloom’ garden contest winners
The town’s finest green thumbs were recognized on Sunday, Aug. 5 at the Burchfield Nature & Art Center, where the winners of this year’s “West Seneca In Bloom” garden contest were announced.
In spite of the unusually warm and dry weather this summer, a number of dedicated gardeners entered the contest to share the beauty of West Seneca. Nineteen gardens entered the competition to share the beauty of West Seneca. Judges from different local garden clubs toured the properties during the week of July 25. Photographer Cliff Borchert accompanied the judges and created a photo display and DVD production of the garden splendor. The photos and DVD will be on exhibit through Wednesday, Aug. 22 at the BNAC.
The winners are listed by category below.
Front yard garden:
· First place – Vera Annis – Reserve Road
· Second place – Barbara Rudnicki - Reserve Road
· Third place – Ethel Schnorr – Mill Road
· First place – May Ann Bach – Tim Tam Terrace
· Second place - Annette and Larry Ruhland – Chippewa Court
· Third place - Dori Anderson - Treehaven Road
· First place – Annette and Larry Ruhland – Chippewa Court
· Second place - Judith Pulinski – Crofton Drive
· Third place – Irene Glick – Cloverside Drive
Also, Irene Glick received an honorable mention for her side yard garden.
For further information, call (716) 677-4843 or visit www.BurchfieldNAC.org